Thursday, September 9, 2010

Real Men Cry

It's the kind of shit that I've been dealing with
The kind that lays down on me, it bears down on me,
The life inside cried out loud, but I choose not to
Hear its screams, its voices, its pleas, its cries.
It dies out in a torrent of violence, and pressure
And everybody here can think that they can relate to me
And you think that you can dictate to me,
But let me tell you now, no use here, not now,
From a fortune. To crashing and burning on the streets.
I couldn't, I wouldn't, I refused, I denied.
The push came to pull, the juice not worth the squeeze,
I realised my fault, my bad, I'm really sad
That I believed that all are Supermans, Supermen, SuperCrazy,
But fuck it ain't. Not a chance. I maybe. They aren't.
I still had the audacity to go on churning out
Song on song, word on word, lie on lie, pain on pain
I cried. Loud. In a small 10 by 8. On my haunches.
Tears flowed. To remember what I once heard as a kid,
Real men cry.

- Vinaykrishnan.

No comments: