Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My secret - You

I'm going to let you in on something,
Something that only I know,
It's not common knowledge,
And it may not be something
That will endure
For ages to come in people's minds.

But it is that which is as much part of me,
And as much because of You,
That which is the result of this poor life,
Of immaturity, poor decisions and unspeakable vices;
But that which is forever mine,
And forever yours.

My secret is 
That I've now lost to you after playing
These childish games.
And that any more games are just fake.

My secret is also 
That I am burnt by the world, by God, by myself;
I want to stop and heal myself,
And that only your words can be my balm.

My secret is also
That I have only made my life a prayer
From being in love with you,
And that every other spoken word is not endorsed by love.

My secret is also
That empowered by your love, I don't want to fall anymore,
I want to rise. 
And that too only rise the way your head rises from prayer.

My secret is also
That my arms have the habit now
Of feeling your breath on me,
And that anything else is a false promise of hope, love or joy.

You are my secret.
You are all that is left of me. 
 
You are now all that I am.

Nothing else.

- Vinaykrishnan.