Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Perception

I think about you and I feel you,
You are to me tender and inspiring,
But elusive as well,
Like a lovely song, but half-remembered,
I try to hum the melody,
But the lyrics keep slipping away,
I wish to give you flowers,
But then they too wither,
Maybe walk with you in the rain,
Gaze at your smile,
And the twinkle in your eyes,
I try to keep myself logical,
But you are a flash of lightning,
Zinging in one direction a moment,
Then zapping in another the next,
I only can see reversals of order,
Chaos, underlined with jagged peaks
Of beauty and awe-inspiring audacity,
I wish to perceive you,
But I fail utterly,
And I am now only pieces
Waiting to be gathered,
Scattered in your aura of brilliance
Like drops of water on windshields.

==============================

No comments: