Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Turn Of Events.

It was quite a kiss,
A lip-lock, that started
Not from the fullness of the lips,
But from the twinkle in the eyes.

The notes that played in my head at that moment,
Mozart looked amateurish at that time,
The inviting appeal of the kiss,
Making me want more.

The way our bodies moved
To the rhythm of the night,
Unerringly intimate,
Surprising delight.

And then the closet opened,
Skeletons and hideous bones,
Baring it all open,
Jaws and maws of monsters.

All under the bed,
Over the table,
Slowly spreading rot and foulness,
Terrifying me as I hear the familiar ring.

The alarm of the cell phone,
Ushering in the morning,
A cold sweat I woke up in,
To realize the turn of events.

How a single kiss
Could be so fatal,
That it turned from intimacy
To horror in bed.

- Vinaykrishnan.

No comments: