Monday, June 14, 2010

Bonded in Ink.

I got inked yesterday. A barbed wire in black outline, with alternating spikes of 2 or 3, encircling my right wrist.

I heard a lot of shit from a lot of people today. Why did you do it, it's useless, its ugly, waste of money, et al. I was depressed really. Not that I wanted my tattoo to create a furore, but I mean, for crying out loud! Give me some good statement about this, people! But no, it went on and on.

Then I remembered why I actually did it. 2 major reasons. a. I always wanted this tattoo, representing my imprisonment. I'm always bonded. b. One of my best friends and I decided to do it on the spur of the moment. Absolutely unplanned, totally spontaneous. And we enjoyed it. We had the time of our lives yesterday, and we just moved one step further from being friends, to brothers-in-blood.

Most of you may think, yeah, whatever. But here's the thing, this is something I have enjoyed thoroughly, it was an experience of a lifetime, and I enjoyed it with probably the one person I could have ever opted for.

Cheers mate!

No comments: