Monday, March 14, 2011

Asked, Not Received

Am I really all of this?
Two ounces of respect, and
Three of love,
I didn't ask for much.

Yet I received none.
All in vain,
It seems.

I did not ask for royalty.
I did not ask for
People to carry me on their shoulders
And parade me through the town.

I did not ask for a palace,
Lord,
Only for a small hut
To stay in. Hide away.

But You insisted on making me a mansion of glass.
And glass is strewn all on the floors.
And now even the slightest footfall
Causes me to shout out in angst.

In pain.

True was my faith,
I held hard to the rocks.
Yet the sea still threatens to swallow me up like a whale swallows a school of fish.

Intangible.
Inconsequential.
Like in autumn
A dry leaf in the wind.

Fluttering away to meet the earth.
It's genesis.

My creator.

- Vinaykrishnan.

No comments: