Thursday, December 15, 2011

Letters to Santa

 It's the 15th of December. As a child, I used to write letters on this day to Santa Claus every single year, asking him what I'd want. I'd give it to my Father, and ask him to post it for me, although I never knew Santa's address. And my letter used to go like this:

Dear Santa,

I promise, I will hide a sock under my pillow for you. But you have to promise me either a bicycle or a G.I. Joe or He-Man action figure.

Love,
Vinu.

I never used to think what would happen, what I would get. Because I had so much faith in Santa.



I once even woke up when my Mother was stuffing something in the sock under my pillow. But I lay quiet. I pretended to be asleep. I knew long and long and long ago that Santa did not exist. 


I was never disappointed.

I knew it was my Mother and Father who would put toys in the sock. I always got an action figure of some G.I.Joe or He-Man character stuffed in my sock. I love you, Amma and Achan.



- Vinaykrishnan.

No comments: