Thursday, March 15, 2012

Miracles

There is something about a child's smile that makes me think, Miracles do exist. It's plain obvious. That twinkle in its eyes, the smile that starts from the child's lips, and ends in our hearts. Amazing.

I wonder how many miracles I see everyday, but fail to take notice only because they seem mundane at the first glance.

The twinkling of the stars. The colors of the world. The sights through a colored bottle. The print on a newspaper. The chill that I get when I open the refrigerator door. Counting down to zero the seconds left at a traffic light. The sound of her voice on the phone. The chinks of sunlight that are filtered by the clouds. The smell of damp earth. Subtitles in a foreign language movie. Waves continuously lapping the shore. The background in a photograph. The way water droplets form on the outside of a bottle containing cold water. The plaster that breaks and cracks when the ceiling becomes wet due to a water leakage. The way the letters curl and join together in cursive script. The way hermit crabs learn all on their own that they need to get inside a shell.

I don't think too many would agree with me on the things above being miracles. But I think they are. And that's what matters to me.

- Vinaykrishnan.

No comments: