Thursday, February 4, 2010

You and Me.

I gave you a call. But you never picked up. I let the phone ring a dozen times before I hung up. I now know you have another guy to go home to, and another person to hug and smile with. No more worrying about Mr. Weird Guy. I'm probably just a topic of discussion and a riot of laughs for you and your new friend. Both of you simply can go on shaking your heads at this dumb old sweetheart of yours.

I still drop you offline messages, hoping that you would come up with a great reply like you always used to do. But now, I get only dry messages back from you. That too, only sometimes.

Things are different between us now. We now talk in "How's things?" and stuff. And I was stupid enough to think earlier that we'd never move apart. I thought that we'd never fade away. But that was stupid of me.

I was witty when I was with you. Now I am just an old bore in most of the parties, and not even invited to the rest. Where as you are the light of all the parties, stubbing cigarettes with everyone present and sharing drinks with your new found love.

I still wait by my computer with the bag of fries and the chocolate milkshake, waiting for you to come online and chat with me, so that I can have my share of laughs and fun. But, usually, the fries end too fast, and the shakes are too little to last.

Better things to do, you tell me. For both of us, you and me. But then, why are none of them half as much fun?





(Inspiration acknowledged from the doyouwannafess blogger. I am sorry, but I had to take the last line. It was too perfect to be changed.)

1 comment:

Vivek said...

Dude u have just captured my predicament in life!!!