Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Hero (part III)

As a child, I always was told stories of how heroes would come in the nick of time, and save the world from being run over by evil. They would look handsome even after the bloodiest of battles, their battle scars and bloody noses only adding to their aura of courage, bravery and strength.

I always thought it true. I have carried this belief of heroes saving the day up to even now, as a young man. I'm 26, and I have lived in dark times. But my faith in them has never ceased, never wavered. Undoubtedly, I remained steadfast to my notions.

I couldn't be more wrong. There are no heroes coming now.

I look up to the eyes of the beast, glowering down at me. It's huge figure has blotted out the background, and I cannot see the sunlight cutting through the foliage and hitting the mossy and damp ground.

"Steady now, Viv," I say to myself. I did not want to do anything foolish. Let's just bid time now. See if there is a roll of the dice yet left. Some strange weaving of the web of fate that has spun in my favour.

I looked at the creature's feet, sinewy muscles culminating into large feet, with curved talons. 4 talons. Wicked. But beautiful. Even in an abomination, the Creator sprinkles beauty. If I were not fighting for my life now, I'd stand back and admire the lithesome creature. The perfect predator.

And something near it's feet caught my eye. A root of the oat protruded from the earth and the creature was standing above it with it's feet on either side of the root.

I had to take this chance. My only chance.

- Vinaykrishnan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is a signifier that the watch is water resistant. Of course, the rolex replica sale Submariner is more than just that. Originally designed as a commercial diver's watch in the 1950s, the rolex replica sale Submariner today has a water resistance of 300 meters and a design that is incredibly similar to the original. This design that mixes sport and professional looks is one of the key factors to the design's success. The dial of the rolex replica uk Submariner is clever, yet easy on the eyes. The black and white design is meant to offer a high contrast for easy reading of the time. The lumed indicators and replica watches uk hands are meant to make it easy to read in the dark. A different style of replica watches sale hour and minute hand are there for legibility, and a special character for the 12 o'clock indicator is meant to make it easy to mentally orient the dial when looking at it from the side. Rolex replica watches uk also uses 18k white gold on the dial for the hands and hour indicators.