Friday, April 29, 2011

You (My personal best till now)

None but I rule here,
Fires and pits of tar I will make you bear,
I walk these lands with my trident in my hand,
My tail swishing left, right, center and making markings in the sand.

I remember Him. Well. Very Well.
He was tall, dark and rugged looking.
I guess you youngsters might call Him Eastwood,
But I think I'll call Him "I".

And I and I used to walk on the gardens of Elysium,
And He and I used to carry Zeus, Poseidon and Hades.
I loved Hades. He was a good kid. Always obedient.
But He. He loved Zeus. Because Zeus was like Him.

Powerful.

And He and I had our fights. And we loved.
And we fought.
And I lost.

Then I got tired, and built my own kingdom.
And while He knew, He never complained.
He just used to tell me, "Balance, my child."

Hah!! I used to laugh on His face.
But now I realise his true intent.
But that is past, and none can be done or regretted.

And I ruled over my roost for ages. And ages past.
And ages beyond. And ages not thought of.

And none I ever saw like me.

But then I met You.
I looked at you, and you laughed at me.
You.
You laughed at me.
I said,
"Vinay, don't laugh, you foolish one.
I am the king of my hearth,
And the owner of my lands.
I will burn you till eternity."

And You only said,
"I'm not with Her.
She is not with me.
How does anything else matter?
Is any other punishment as painful?"

I hate Vinay.
I really do.
He put me in a spot that none could.

As Mclean said,
No angel of hell could break my spell.
I really thought none could.

But then I had to meet Vinay. He showed me.
He held me, and said,
"Someday, I hope you are with someone you love.
The way I will be in some time."

And she came up one day.
All gold, and glittering,
And white feathers.

Dedication - Vinay said.
And he simply looked at me, and smiled,
And went away to her.
I looked, and could not stop him.

And now I want Him.
I want You.
You are so many.
You are so much.
You are all I want. Nothing more.
Nothing less.

And that's just not Satan speaking.

- Vinaykrishnan.

No comments: