Friday, November 5, 2010

Random Expressions (Again).

Every man goes through it, they say. Moments of such magnitude and eye-opening splendour, that everything else looks that bit less glamorous. I would hate to think that I might miss out on being nostalgic about those littler things that made my life have something to think about, but then in the grand scheme of things, it is these things that, in comparison to my current state of being, allow me to fully appreciate what life is all about. I remember being happy when I got myself a gift from my first salary. It was a lovely watch. A Mickey Mouse watch, infact. What with the white dial, and the hands of Mickey telling me the time. Not the plastic flap one, mind you. That I had when I was a kid. I think my parents got one each for my sister and me. This one was more refined. More childish, and yet more mature. Always, as Langdon (or should I say, Dan Brown), so eloquently put it, to remind me that there is a child in me, and that I always need to stay young at heart.

That's just one moment I remember fondly. There are a gazillion others. But now, with the torrent of emotions and feelings that I am drowning in, I really cannot say whether those will ever matter to me. I want them to. I want to hold onto them.

I guess I'll just have to wait to find out.

- Vinaykrishnan.

No comments: